- Centennial bibliography of Orange County California compiled by Roger Berry, et al. Santa Ana: Orange County Historical Society, 1989.
A detailed listing of publications about the history of Orange County and its communities. Includes books and pamphlets, city and county directories, oral histories, theses and dissertations, special editions of newspapers, selected government documents, and periodical articles. Primarily organized by city, with an extensive subject index.
- Orange County Place Names, A to Z by Phil Brigandi. San Diego: Sunbelt, 2006.
- Historic place names in Orange County by Don Meadows. Balboa Island: Paisano, 1966.
Meadows authored the first detailed list of Orange County place names. Brigandi updated most entries and added others.
- Brief History of Orange County
A summary of significant events written by Phil Brigandi, Orange County Archivist and local historian.
- Orange County Chronology
Significant dates and events, 1769-present. Includes links to a variety of relevant sites.
- Orange County Archives
The Archives collects materials from County government offices documenting the County’s history and operations. Some private archives also are held.
- Research Guide: Orange County Government Information
A guide to print and online resources on Orange County issues compiled by UCI’s Research Librarian for Orange County Government Information. Includes information on locating books, articles, and statistics.
- Orange County Historical Society
Established in 1919 to collect, preserve, and interpret Orange County history, the Society maintains a research library, sponsors programs and field trips, and issues publications and newsletters.
- O.C. History Roundup blog
A blog by Orange County Assistant Archivist Chris Jepsen to share information about local history events, exhibits, and issues. Includes links to relevant websites from county local governments, historical societies, museums, and libraries.