UCI Libraries Special Collections & Archives serves the campus and community by fostering curiosity in and discovery of our collections through preservation, access, and instruction. We create an open atmosphere that nurtures the production of knowledge. We welcome everyone to participate and engage with our unique and rare materials.
UCI Libraries Special Collections & Archives strives to strengthen our distinctive collections, cultivate partnerships, and enrich the UCI, Orange County, and global scholarly community. We aspire to curate and disseminate a cohesive mosaic of information, filling gaps in the historical record for future generations. We seek to be at the heart of the scholarly endeavor through long-term community partnerships, robust research and learning resources, and world-class collections.
- Care. We value accountability, commitment to professional standards and ethics, a holistic approach to teaching and learning, responsible and efficient stewardship of collections, and quality service to our users.
- Curiosity. We are open to new ideas and experimental in our endeavors, providing creative and innovative leadership in digital initiatives, collection management and descriptive practice, outreach, and open access to our collections.
- Community. As a highly collaborative team, we value accessibility, inclusivity, and consistency in the application of our expertise to partnerships on campus, in the community, and around the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register to use the collections? How do I get to your location?
- What do you collect today?
- What did you collect in the past?
- What does it mean to be community-centered?