Several basic sources for understanding the nature and scope of artists' books in general.
- The Century of Artists' Books by Johanna Drucker. New York: Granary Books, 1995.
- Artists' Books: a Critical Anthology and Sourcebook. Joan Lyons, editor. Rochester, N.Y.: Visual Studies Workshop Press, 1985.
- The Cutting Edge of Reading: Artists' Books by Renée Riese Hubert and Judd D. Hubert. New York City: Granary Books, 1999.
- Beauty and Meaning: Art and Poetry in the Book Arts of Mexico by Lourdes Bates. Irvine, Calif.: The UC Irvine Libraries, 2002.
- Book Arts Web (book arts portal)
- Booklyn Artists' Alliance (artists' cooperative and distributor)
- Bonefolder (online journal)
- Florida Atlantic University Libraries' Arthur & Mata Jaffee Collection
- Journal of Artists' Books
- OTIS Artists' Book Collection (online illustrated library catalog)
- State Library of Queensland's Artists' Books Online
- Umbrella (via Digital Collections of IUPUI University Library) (on-line journal)
- Vamp and Tramp (book sellers)
- Many artists maintain websites showcasing their work. If you are interested in a particular book artist, search his or her name on the Internet.