UCI has extensive holdings of artists’ books that encompass all aspects of the genre dating from the 1960s to the present. The variety ranges from traditional published works to altered, sculptural, painted, and unique books that challenge the form of the codex. We strategically acquire artists' books that support instruction and research, especially titles that build upon collecting priority subject areas (such as performing arts or critical theory.)
We are expanding collecting areas that:
- Engage with contemporary local, national, and international politics
- Works that engage with environmentalism and science
- Works produced in Latin American countries or by Latina/o/x artists
- Works produced in East Asia or by Chinese, Korean, Japanese, or Asian American artists
We are currently seeking:
- Works about or related to Orange County
- Works produced in Southeast Asia or by Vietnamese, Cambodian, Laotian or other Southeast Asian diasporic artists
Historic focus areas of the collection include:
- Works by and about women
- Gender & sexuality
- Works produced in Cuba and Mexico
Babycakes With Weights
Stephane Mallarmé and Albert Dupont.
Un Coup de Dés Jamais n'Abolira le Hasard [et] Désir-hasard-dés: poème bloc poème.