- Critical Theory Research Guide
A selection of significant databases and other sources compiled by UCI’s Research Librarian for Critical Theory.
- Wellek Library Bibliographies
The Annual Wellek Library Lecture Series at the University of California, Irvine was inaugurated in 1981 by UCI’s Critical Theory Institute as a tribute to Professor René Wellek and in support of new scholarship. In the spring of every year, a distinguished critic defends his or her critical stance over the course of three lectures. Since 1985, UCI library staff has compiled exhaustive bibliographies detailing not only the work of each lecturer, but in some cases, much of the related secondary literature as well.
- The Penguin Dictionary of Critical Theory. London: Penguin, 2000.
- Contemporary Critical Theory: A Selective Bibliography. New York: Modern Language Association of America, 1993.
- Cambridge History of Literary Criticism. Cambridge and New York: Cambridge University Press, 1989-
- v.7: Modernism and the New Criticism.
- v.8: From Formalism to Poststructuralism.
- v.9: Twenty Century Historical, Philosophical and Psychological.
- The Dictionary of Seventeenth-Century British Philosophers. Bristol: Thoemmes, 2000.
- The Dictionary of Eighteenth-Century British Philosophers. Bristol: Thoemmes, 1999.
- Modern American Critics since 1955. Vol. 67 of The Dictionary of Literary Biography. Detroit: Gale Research, 1988.
- Le vocabulaire de Derrida. Paris: Ellipses, 2001.
- Bennington, Geoffrey. Jacques Derrida. Paris: Seuil, 1993.
Includes extensive bibliography of works by and about Derrida.
- Schultz, William R. Jacques Derrida: an annotated primary and secondary bibliography. New York: Garland, 1992.
- Nordquist, Joan. Jacques Derrida (II): a bibliography. Santa Cruz: Reference and Research Services, 1995.
- Derrida, Jacques. Deconstruction in a nutshell: a conversation with Jacques Derrida. New York: Fordham University Press, 1997.