- The Bancroft Library Western Americana Collection
- California State Archives
- California Historical Society
- California State Library, California History Section
- Research Guide to California Government Information
An extensive list of online and printed resources maintained by UCI's Research Librarian for California Government Information.
- A Bibliography of the History of California, 1510-1930 by Robert E. Cowan and Robert G. Cowan. Los Angeles, 1964.
- The California Gold Rush: A Descriptive Bibliography of Books and Pamphlets Covering the Years 1848-1853. San Francisco: Book Club of California, 1997.
- California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif. Word Dancer Press, 1998.
- Directory of Archival and Manuscript Repositories in California. Berkeley: Society of California Archivists, 1996.
- The Zamorano 80: A Selection of Distinguished California Books. Los Angeles: Zamorano Club, 1945.
- The Zamorano Index to History of California by Hubert Howe Bancroft. Los Angeles: Zamorano Club, 1985.
- Cumulative index: Westways-Touring Topics, 1909-1959. Los Angeles: Automobile Club of Southern California, 1961.
Los Angeles History
- Cultural Inheritance/L.A.: A Directory of Less-Visible Archives and Collections in the Los Angeles Region. Los Angeles: Getty Research Institute, 1999.
- History of Los Angeles County, California. Oakland, Calif.: Thompson & West, 1880.
- Los Angeles and Its Environs in the Twentieth Century A Bibliography of a Metropolis, 1970-1990, With a Directory of Resources in Los Angeles County. Los Angeles: Los Angeles City Historical Society, 1996.
- Historical Volume and Reference Works: Los Angeles County and Long Beach. Los Angeles: Historical Publishers, 1962. Vol. 4-5